Decades ago, the only remedy to losing a tooth (or teeth) were removable dentures or a fixed bridge. And we all know the trouble we have to go through to maintain them, not to mention the discomfort. Affordable dental implants in Buford were a breath of fresh air as well as a source of relief to subscribers of the dental community.
So, what is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth “root” placed in your mouth to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, denture or bridge. It is made from titanium metal and it fuses around the jawbone, serving as a root for the missing tooth. This is presently the best – if not the only – long-term option for tooth replacement.
If you have lost a tooth (or teeth) as a result of an accident or the tooth fairy, here are a few things you must know about affordable dental implants in Buford, especially if you are planning on getting one.
- Dental implant procedures have a high success rate. The success rate of dental implant procedures varies depending on the dental health of the individuals, wherein the jaw the implants are placed, and the expertise of the person performing the procedure. But generally, dental implants have a success rate of up to 95%.
- Implants look and feel natural. When it comes to appearance and feel, the only difference between dental implants and real teeth is that they are not real teeth. They are customized to look, feel and fit exactly like all your other teeth. They get their natural feel from the fact that they are fused to your bone.
- Implants make eating easier. Unlike other dental treatment options, implants enable you to enjoy a most natural and satisfying chewing experience. You do not have to take special care when eating. Traditional dentures often slide, making it difficult for you to enjoy chewing. Dental implants function like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat all your favorite foods without any extra effort or sensation of pain.
- Implants serve as a replacement for the roots of your missing tooth. When you lose a tooth, it creates a void where the root was situated. Unfortunately, most tooth replacement options only focus on replacing the crown of the teeth. Affordable dental implants in Buford focus on the parts of the teeth that cannot be seen – namely the roots. The roots of your teeth are anchored to your jaw, which is why they can hold it in place, much like the roots of a tree.
- Implants can help protect healthy teeth. When you lose a tooth, one of the most widely used teeth replacement options has been the dental bridge. Often times, this involves cutting off some parts of adjacent healthy teeth to ensure a proper balance of the dental bridge. Thanks to dental implants, we can now position a crown or a bridge on the dental implant itself. Other teeth do not need to suffer because of the plight of one.
Affordable dental implants in Buford are a way of ensuring that healthy teeth stay that way by providing a foundation in your jawbone to support whatever dental prosthesis you are affixing and hold it firmly in place. If you would like to know if you are a candidate for this popular procedure, call our office today to schedule a consultation.