Types of Leg Pain
Shooting, burning leg pain makes everyday life difficult. Besides the pain itself, the condition is usually made worse by stiffness and weakness. Standing, climbing, and walking become precarious and scary ventures. Leg pain treatment can be confusing, but breaking down the pain by its cause can help you find appropriate treatment options.
Common types of leg pain causes include
- Injury – Injury such as a pulled muscle or a torn tendon can happen suddenly. A fall, misstep, or accident might be the culprit.
- Sciatica – The sciatic nerve runs from the lower back, through both hips, and down the length of both legs. When this nerve becomes pinched due to a slipped or herniated disc, pregnancy, obesity, or injury it can cause shooting, debilitating pain in the hips and legs.
- Arthritis – Arthritis results in calcification and swelling around the joints throughout the body. Swollen joints in the leg can cause stiffness and pain when walking. This may happen in the hips, knees, or ankles.
- Bursitis – Also known as joint inflammation, bursitis can affect any joint in the body. When it affects the legs, it may hit the hips, knees, or ankles. This can cause painful swelling and redness.
- Tendinitis – A pulled or damaged tendon can happen from overuse or injury. Tendinitis makes walking difficult and painful, and it can worsen when not treated properly.
Available Treatment Options
If you are seeking leg pain treatment in Garden City, MI, you have a few options depending on the cause of your pain.
Pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs can be used to treat many kinds of leg pain. Arthritis, bursitis, injury, and tendinitis pain can usually be relieved with medication. However, the relief is temporary.
When your leg pain is caused by muscles pain and swelling, massage therapy can help treat your pain. It works by increasing blood flow and releasing natural pain-fighting chemicals throughout the body. Blood flow naturally reduces swelling, and it transports healing properties throughout the body. This makes it an ideal treatment option for painful, swollen legs.
Chiropractic care is a proven treatment method for multiple types of leg pain. Sciatica sufferers often find relief with spinal adjustments. When the lower back is properly aligned, pressure is taken off the pinched nerve that is causing the pain.
Arthritis, tendinitis, and bursitis are commonly treated with ultrasound technology to reduce swelling. Gentle joint adjustments keep the hips and legs properly aligned and reduce stiffness.
Leg pain is a common problem, but you don’t have to suffer needlessly. These treatment options can provide significant and lasting relief so you can live your life to its fullest.